These ten fanny packs, or bum bags as the British call them, have a long history dating back to medieval times.
The advantage of wearing a belt bag is that it gives you a hands free option for storage. This is ideal at concerts, DJ sets and music festivals when you don’t want to have to keep track of a hand bag, but there is no coat check available. You can put your smartphone in there and forget about it for long enough to dance.
Sporty activewear and oversized retro outerwear is now trending, such as Fenty by Rihanna or Supreme anything. Fanny packs were fashionable during the 80’s and now they are also making a come back. Check out our favorites in order of price from low to high.
1. EXTREME 80S ‘Merica Fanny Pack ($19.99)
2. Dickies Belt Bag ($20)
3. FILA Peacoat Fanny Pack ($24.95)
4. Skinnydip Pink Glitter Fanny Pack ($29)
5. Zazzle Roller Queen Fanny Pack ($30.09)
6. TOPSHOP Benny Borg Belt Bag ($35)
7. ANA Iridescent Foiled Mermaid Bum Bag ($48.19)
8. Rag & Bone Small Patent Leather Fanny Pack ($395)
9. MARNI Backpack & Fanny Pack ($620)
10. Gucci GG Marmont Matelassé Velvet Belt Bag ($980)
There are so many great things a raver could keep inside a fanny pack, belt bag or bum bag. It is just the right size for a small wallet, smartphone, lipstick or any other accessories you might want at a party where there is a lot of lights, music and dancing.
Click on the images above to learn more about these bags and shop them online!